Charles and Phyllis Frias Legacy Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by Public Education Foundation
High school seniors living in Clark, Esmeralda, Lincoln or Nye County, Nevada with a GPA ranging between 2.0 and 3.2, and demonstrating financial need may apply for this scholarship. Students must plan to attend a four-year college/university on a full-time basis. Five annual scholarships in an amount up to $25,000 will be awarded. This scholarship may be renewable annually for $25,000 for a cumulative total of $100,000 over four years provided each year the recipient continues to be enrolled on a full-time basis and maintains a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
Verification of college enrollment (class schedule) will be required during the summer before check is mailed to the college. Scholarship funds must be applied toward tuition, fees and other appropriate educational expenses. These funds will be disbursed in equal payments over two semesters.
- Are you a first generation college student?
- What is your unweighted GPA?
- Please upload your most current transcript (unofficial).
- Please upload your resume, to include extracurricular and community engagement activities.
- Please upload a letter of recommendation from an adult (non-family) who can speak to your determination, ability to overcome challenges and/or be successful at the college level.
- Please upload a "Financial Need Letter" explaining why you need assistance with your college expenses and how this scholarship award will impact your life.
- Essay - 350 words - Life poses many challenges beyond one's control. Please explain any obstacle(s), whether situational or scholastic, that have challenged your academic performance to date.